So I was thinking to myself just how many movies are coming out that I would love to catch. Of course, I will never see all of these in theaters (mime is money), but in a perfect world this is the reverse order I would spend my hard earned cash on. This is my list, so some stuff may seem off. It’s not a list of the best, just what one’s I’m looking forward to.
11. Straw Dogs In Theaters: Now
Still don’t know how I feel about the remaking of Dustin Hoffman’s classic, but it’s worth a shot, right?
10. Immortals In Theaters: ??
You know how I feel about Tarsem’s previous work, The Fall. If it is half as good as that, I’d walk away happy.
9. Sherlock Holmes 2 In Theaters: December 16
Downey Jr. and Law are back!
8. J. Edgar In Theaters: November 9
Just so I can say I saw it in theaters when it takes home a crap ton of awards.
7. The Muppets In Theaters: November 23
C’mon! It’s the muppets!!!!!
6. In Time In Theaters: October 28
High-concept, sounds interesting enough for me to want to see how they deliver.
5. Contagion In Theaters: Now
People getting sick never looked so intriguing.
4. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo In Theaters: December 21
I haven’t read the books, or seen the earlier movies, but the it’s David Fincher!
3. 50/50 In Theaters: September 30
Runs the risk of all the funny stuff being in the trailer, but I’d risk it.
2. Drive In Theaters: Now
Big Gosling fan, and not afraid to say it. The trailer itself is amazing.
1. Moneyball In Theaters: Now
The Social Network for sports? Ye-uh. I’m in.